How do I start a Step Together Challenge?
1. Go to the “Steps” page of your Carrot app, and scroll down to the “Step Together Challenge” section. Hit the “Challenge Friends” button.
2. Select a friend from your friend list. Please note that you can only invite friends who are not already in a challenge, or have a pending invitation from someone else. Confirm that you would like to challenge this friend to a Step Together Challenge.
3. Wait for your friend to accept your invitation.
4. Once they accept, your Step Together Challenge will begin shortly (either that day if they accept before noon, or the following day if they accept after noon).
5. You will be able to see how you and your friend are doing on the current day, and how many daily goals you have collectively met so far during the challenge. Encourage each other to hit 100% of your step goals by the end of the day. Invite your friend to go for a little evening walk together if they’re nearly there and just need a few more steps to make it. It’s easier to be more active when we have support and encouragement from our friends.
6. At the end of the 7 day period, if you have achieved at least 10 step goals between the both of you, you will both earn extra points (in addition to the points you earn for stepping).
Can I take several Step Together Challenges at the same time?
No, you can only enter into one Step Together Challenge at a time. Once you accept one friend’s challenge, then you will be unable to accept or issue any other Step Together Challenged for 7 days. You can, however, enter into a Step Up Challenge (a personal 2-week challenge) and a Step Together Challenge at the same time.
Who can I invite to a Step Together Challenge?
You can invite any friend who you have connected with on Carrot, as long as they are not currently in a Step Together Challenge, or already have an invitation pending from someone else. If they are currently in a Step Together Challenge, then you need to wait until their current challenge is completed to be able to invite them. If they have an invitation pending, they must refuse it in order to be able to receive new invitations or invite someone else.
What happens at the end of my Step Together Challenge?
At the end of the 7th day of your Step Together Challenge, make sure that both you and your friend have synced your steps to get credit for all the daily step goals you have met over the course of the week. If between the both of you, you have met at least 10 step goals over the 7-day period, then you have won the challenge and will both earn extra points or miles (in addition to the points or miles that you get for stepping). If you have not met at least 10 step goals between the both of you, then neither of you will get the extra points, but you are free to challenge the same friend, or a different friend, to a new Step Together Challenge.