Carrot Rewards does not count your steps directly, as it relies on other applications, such as Apple Health, Google Fit, Samsung Health or Fitbit, to count steps and send that step count to our servers. We do our best to record each person’s step count as close as possible, but due to the complexity of the technology involved, it is difficult to completely match the step count from these programs.
Here are some of the steps you can take to try and solve this issue:
- If you are tracking your steps with Apple Health, Samsung Health or Google Fit, you can use the “Sync” button in the home tab to ensure that Carrot pulls the most recent data from those apps.
- If you are tracking your steps with Fitbit and the steps don't match, open and close the Fitbit app and then go into the “Home" tab of your Carrot app, and press "Sync" to update the step count.
- If your device's battery is low, both iPhones and Android phones will disable certain features, including step syncing. Make sure to keep your phone charged for most accurate tracking.
- If you are using the same Carrot account on multiple devices, this will interfere with your step count. We strongly suggest using Carrot on only one device.
- If you use an Android phone you need to open your Carrot Rewards app for it to pull steps data from Google Fit or Samsung Health. Make sure you are regularly opening the app to avoid any missed steps.